When it comes to natural skin care, Japanese moisturizers have always been the talk of the town. Using a good moisturizer can help with the daily maintenance of the skin. It protects the outer layer of skin against injury, inflammation, dehydration and irritation as a first line of defense. The best Japanese gel-based moisturizers are known for their ability to keep skin hydrated, but some also have anti-aging and moisturizing properties that can help you look younger.
Why are Japanese gel-based moisturizers so popular?
Japanese gel-based moisturizers are popular with consumers around the world for their unique benefits.
* Moisturizing: They are extremely moisturizing and nourishing. Japanese moisturizers are designed to retain and replenish moisture on the face and body. They prevent moisture loss by mimicking the skin’s natural barrier. This makes the skin elastic and soft.
* Heal the skin: Some gel-based moisturizers also offer healing, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-aging properties, making them essential beauty products for skin care kits.
* Pigmentation: These moisturizers can also brighten skin tone and minimize blemishes.
* Youthful skin: Certain moisturizers also exhibit anti-aging properties, such as minimizing wrinkles and fine lines, improving skin elasticity and firmness, and improving skin texture.
* Packed with essential ingredients: These gel-based moisturizers usually contain vitamins, antioxidants, hyaluronate, collagen, and other ingredients.
* Sun protection: Japanese moisturizers help prevent sun damage. Vitamins, plant collagens, isoflavones and other substances help control the aging that can result from long-term exposure to UV light.
Best 5 Japanese Gel Based Moisturizers in India
Having beautiful skin is not an easy task, but the good news is that it is not difficult either! It all depends on how much money and time you have to spend on a skin care regimen. Check out these 5 best Japanese gel moisturizer brands.
1. TATCHA The water cream
Inspired by the latest Japanese technology, the water cream is an ultimate product for combination and oily skin types. The dewy shine is achieved by the lightweight formula that releases a burst of moisture from the nutrients. Plants are added, including wild rose, Japanese leopard lily and Hadasei 3, a mixture of rice, algae and green tea. Hadasei 3 stimulates skin renewal, wild rose helps minimize excess oil and shrink pores, and leopard lily soothes inflamed skin. Try this gel-based moisturizer for its classic blend of ingredients.
2. Curel moisture facial cream
A popular Japanese gel-based moisturizer for dry skin is this Curel moisturizer. It also works incredibly well on dry, sensitive skin. This cream feels weightless and non-sticky, unlike traditional moisturizers. It provides deep absorption that hydrates the skin without caking. This cream, inspired by Ceramide Care technology, treats current pimples and protects against new pimples.
3. Naturie SKIN CONDITIONING GEL
Prepare your skin with this luxurious skin care gel from Naturie. Enhanced with Hatomugi, a grass crop also called Job’s Tears, this lightweight, light-textured cream is perfect for adding moisture to the skin. The main ingredient is high in vitamin B3, which evens out the complexion and brightens the skin. You can use this multifunctional Japanese gel moisturizer on both your face and body.
4. NAMERAKA Sana isoflavone lotion
This may be the best choice if you’re looking for a J-beauty moisturizer with integrated exfoliating and pH balancing properties. The miraculous mixture is intended to give skin a softer, smoother texture. Finally, it contains carrot, soy, and plant collagen extracts that will help you achieve your skincare goals.
5. Kikumasamune Skin Care Lotion
The goodness of ancient traditions is carried in this Japanese facial lotion. Thanks to the active ingredient of sake extract, derived from fermented rice, the formula is designed to provide your skin with an extreme level of hydration and moisture. It is rich in antioxidants, fatty acids, amino acids and vitamins. Together, the three brighten and hydrate the skin while reducing dark spots.
Also read: 7 Incredible Benefits of Japanese Cherry Blossom for Flawless Skin
How is the Japanese skin routine different from the Korean skin routine?
Many people believe that Asian skin care is very similar, yet very different. In terms of final results, each skin care product strives for a specific purpose. The Japanese skin care system is based on ancient practices, but the Korean skin care system is more tailored to modern life. The Japanese are masters at creating anti-aging products, while the Koreans focus more on products for younger consumers who don’t have serious skin problems.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we do our very best to cut through the clutter for our readers. All products mentioned have been carefully curated by the editors, but please use your discretion and expert opinion before using them. Their price and availability may differ from time of publication. If you purchase something through these links in the story we may earn a commission.)