Every scar has a story. Some people want to keep them, while others may be aware of them. Scars are a natural part of the skin’s healing process. They can be the result of a skin problem such as acne or after operations, skin diseases and accidents. Scars fade over time, while some serious scars may last longer. But you can reduce their visibility by using the best scar removal creams in India.
Are Scar Removal Creams Effective at Reducing Blemishes?
Scar removal creams can help reduce scars in three ways:
- They provide moisture to keep the area around the scarred skin soft
- These creams strengthen the skin barrier to protect it from environmental irritants and lock in hydration
- They support the development of cells that form new connective tissue under the scar, which eventually exfoliates to replace the scar tissue
- Scar removal creams can even help improve skin texture when used regularly.
5 Best Scar Removal Creams in India
While there are several ways to reduce scars naturally, check out our top picks for the best scar removal cream brands in India, and why they can be effective for flawless skin.
1. Mederma intensive scar cream for the night
This cream regenerates skin cells and reduces the visibility of scars on your facial skin. It contains Tripeptol, a combination of collagen, peptides and antioxidants that nourish and improve the health of your skin. In addition, it contains a botanical extract called Cepalin that penetrates deep into the skin to hydrate it and stimulate collagen formation. To heal damage, this non-greasy night cream works with the skin’s natural recovery process.
2. Re’equil Acne Clarifying Gel
This gel contains several beneficial natural ingredients that lighten old scars and prevent the formation of new scars. It evens out the skin by changing the skin structure. The thin gel strengthens the skin’s built-in defense mechanisms and provides anti-inflammatory, anti-acne and antioxidant properties to reduce the appearance of scars.
3. LanBeNa Acne Scar Removal Gel
This cream is used to repair scars from burns, acne, surgeries and other skin problems. The natural ingredients include botanical extracts of sophora, which dissolve scar tissue and reveal firm and healthy skin. It smoothes the skin and helps in the growth and healing of damaged blood vessels and nerve cells. This cream repairs broken collagen fibers and stimulates the metabolism of the lower skin cells to strengthen and smooth the skin.
4. TruHabit GreenCure Scaroff Herbal Scar Removal Cream
The formulation of this cream uses herbal elements to reduce the appearance of dark spots, stretch marks, cuts and burns. The powerful blend contains onion extract, which lightens pigmentation and heals the skin naturally. Arnica, which has anti-inflammatory properties, is also included in this skin-soothing and nourishing cream to reduce flaking and dryness. Centella Asiatica activates collagen formation and treats wounds, while the magnolia extract in the mix restores skin softness. This results in more youthful looking skin.
5. ALPHA CHOICE Facial cream for removing spots and pigment spots
This cream is a unisex combination that contains aloe vera extract, xanthan gum, vitamin E and licorice extract. To remove scar tissue, it goes deep into the skin. The facial cream’s pH-balanced blend hydrates the skin and improves firmness and texture. The non-toxic cream is effective on all skin types.
Also read: Top tips to rid your skin of acne and blemishes
How do I apply scar removal cream to the skin?
Here are some general tips for using a scar removal cream effectively:
- Use a mild soap to wash your skin thoroughly and then pat it dry
- Do not use other skin care products on the scar area
- Apply the scar removal cream directly to the scar
- Depending on the instructions, you may or may not apply makeup to it. To be sure, read the instructions on the packaging
- Some creams should be left on overnight, while others should be removed with water after use
- Use the cream every day as directed until the scar has completely faded
- If you experience any unusual effects such as redness, itching or other symptoms, stop using the product and consult a dermatologist. While these may be common side effects of any technique, it is preferable to use the scar removal cream after consulting with a skin care professional.
How to choose the right scar removal cream?
Choose a scar removal cream with all-natural, safe components.
Check that any chemical formulas you use are approved by recognized organizations such as the FDA before using them. Onion extract, aloe vera, vitamin E, allantoin, glycolic acid, and silicone are some examples of ingredients to look for in an effective scar removal screen.
While OTC topical scar removal treatments are safe to use, it never hurts to talk to a dermatologist to make sure you’re taking the right steps. Your doctor can help you develop a more comprehensive routine for removing or reducing scars.