In today’s fast-paced society, stress and discomfort are all too typical. Whether you’re experiencing soreness from a strenuous workout or simply want to relax your muscles after a long day, the best electric heating pads can be a helpful tool in providing some much-needed relief. These can also provide great comfort and warmth as the winter seasons leave you chilled to the bone.
What is a heating pad?
A heating pad is a device that uses heat to relieve pain or discomfort in different parts of the body. These devices are equipped with a flexible, cushioned pad that can be heated to different temperatures. Heating pads come in different shapes and sizes, but most can be adjusted to fit the curves of the body. This makes them quite effective for targeting specific areas.
What are the health benefits of using a heating pad?
While choosing the best mattress for back pain can go a long way in ensuring a good night’s sleep, a heating pad is an efficient tool for soothing and relieving body aches. Here are several benefits of a heating pad:
* Pain relief: The most obvious benefit of a heating pad is that it can help relieve physical discomfort. Heat therapy, unlike cold therapy, works by loosening stiff muscles, increasing blood flow, and soothing sore joints. This means that if you have muscle cramps, back pain, arthritis, menstrual cramps, or other types of body pain, a heating pad can be an effective treatment.
* Increases blood flow: Heating pads increase blood flow in your body. Blood flow is necessary for the supply of nutrients and oxygen to many areas of the body, including the joints and muscles. Using a heating pad improves blood circulation and therefore relieves body discomfort.
* Improves relaxation: Applying heat to your body can help calm your nerves. If you lead a hectic life, using a heating pad daily can help you relax. It can help you relax and unwind by lowering your stress levels.
* Affordable: Heating pads are cheap. Heating pads are a cheaper alternative to other medical treatments that require multiple visits to the doctor or over-the-counter medications that must be taken regularly.
* Easy to use: Electric heating pads are much more convenient to use than the older hot water bags.
Also read: Cold vs. Heat Treatment: Know Which is Better to Relieve Joint Pain
5 Best Electric Heating Pads for Pain Relief
To help you make the best choice to relieve pain and stay warm, we have compiled a list of the best heating pads in India.
1. PureRelief XL – King size heating mattress
This heating pad provides targeted heat therapy for short-term relief from muscle tension. It’s powered by InstaHeat technology, which heats up quickly, and has an ergonomic LCD remote control with six adjustable heat settings. The higher wattage allows for faster heating, with six heat settings ranging from 105°F to 140°F. This extra-large heating pad can be used for moist or dry heat therapy, and a two-hour automatic shut-off ensures safe and worry-free operation.
2. Thermophor pad
The Thermophore pad provides powerful, deep and wet heat for maximum comfort and pain management. This heating pad uses thermostat-controlled technology to maintain maximum heat levels while staying within UL safety guidelines, something many popular heating pads lack due to their design. It has a constant comfort switch with three temperatures and a timer that turns off after 25 minutes.
3. Comfytemp weighted electric heating pad
The Comfytemp Weighted Electric Heating Pad contains 2.2 pound glass beads to hold it securely in place on various body parts. It offers a wide range of temperature and time choices with 9 heat settings and 11 timers. You can even use it without an auto shut-off option, and it will easily remember your last heating and timer settings.
4. Sunbeam GoHeat wireless heating pad
The Sunbeam GoHeat Cordless Heating Pad provides portable, hands-free heat therapy for pain relief. The 9.5 by 12 inch design provides high-level targeted heat therapy to numerous body parts, including the back, arms, legs, shoulders and more. It is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and can provide up to 4 hours of heat on a single charge. It heats up in about 30 seconds and has three heat settings.
5. BodyMed Digital Moist Heating Pad
This full-body heating pad relieves muscle tension, joint complaints, shoulder pain and inflammation. It creates moisture from the air, eliminating the need for water, and has easy-to-use LCD controls for precise temperature and time adjustments.
How do you use a heating pad safely?
Heating pads can help relieve tired muscles and sore spots, but they must be used properly to avoid damage. Here are some tips for using a heating pad safely:
*Read the directions carefully before using a heating pad. Make sure you understand how long to use the pad, how to control the temperature, and other crucial details.
*Make sure it is not too hot before using it. To check the temperature, place the pad on a sensitive location, such as the inside of your wrist. Adjust the temperature or wait for the device to cool down before using it if it feels too hot.
*Heating pads, while soothing, should not be used to help you fall asleep. Make sure you turn it off before you go to sleep.
* Use heating pads with caution near water or in damp places. Moisture can cause the pad to deteriorate and increase the risk of electrocution.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we do our very best to cut through the clutter for our readers. All products mentioned have been carefully curated by the editors, but please use your discretion and expert opinion before using them. Their price and availability may differ from time of publication. If you purchase something through these links in the story we may earn a commission.)