Protein powders have become the supplements of choice for weight loss, muscle growth and even recovery. But they come in different types, such as whey protein and casein protein. Casein and whey are the two forms of proteins found in milk, and they are the best sources of necessary amino acids, but casein is slowly absorbed by the body. Some of the best casein protein powders have been found to work miraculously for muscle growth and recovery.
Several bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts use casein protein supplements to gain lean muscle mass. Natural sources of casein protein include foods such as cottage cheese and Greek yogurt.
What are the benefits of casein protein powder?
There are several health benefits of casein protein.
- Source of amino acids: Casein protein maintains a consistent supply of amino acids over time. According to several studies, consuming protein just before bed promotes better muscle recovery, reduces muscle breakdown, increases muscle retention and increases muscle protein synthesis.
- Weight loss and muscle growth: Casein protein is ideal for losing excess body fat and building lean muscle. Clinical research on overweight officers revealed significant improvements in strength and body composition, as well as lower fat levels in the group given casein protein.
- Improves metabolism: Casein protein also helps increase metabolism. Consuming casein protein before bed has been scientifically shown to improve exercise performance and resting metabolic rate (RMR) in the morning.
- Antibacterial: Casein protein contains antibacterial properties and bioactive peptides that have been found to help our immune system.
- Rich in calcium: Casein protein is high in calcium, which helps with several bodily functions, such as bone, muscle and blood vessel health.
Best Casein Protein Powders in India
If you are a fitness freak and looking for the highest quality casein protein powders, try these best casein protein powder brands available in India.
1. Casein protein powder with optimal nutrition
Optimum Nutrition’s casein protein powder contains all the necessary vitamins and proteins. It is offered in a variety of sizes and flavors, including cream, chocolate peanut butter, cookie, chocolate and creamy vanilla. The key ingredient in this casein powder is micellar casein, which is the slowest to absorb and ideal for promoting between-meal satisfaction and overnight recovery.
2. Dymatize Elite Casein Protein
The Dymatize Elite Casein Protein delivers on both flavor and casein content, with 25g of micellar casein per serving and a variety of flavors. There are up to 50 servings of casein in each container and each serving contains 2.3g of L-leucine, the key amino acid that promotes improved muscle recovery and protein synthesis. This casein is available in different flavors, such as chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon roll and cookie and cream.
Select topics you are interested in and let us customize your feed.
3. GNC Casein Protein Powder
GNC Casein Protein Powder delivers a consistent stream of amino acids to stimulate muscle growth and recovery for several hours. A single serving contains 25 g of pure, slow-digesting protein, along with EAAs and glutamine, to help your body meet daily protein needs. When your body is deprived of nourishment at night, GNC Casein acts as an anti-catabolic agent to inhibit the breakdown of muscle proteins.
4. Natures Velvet Lifecare Casein Protein
This casein protein powder is formulated as a vegetarian product. Because of its slow absorption, casein is the ideal protein supplement to take when you go to bed, or if you know you will be on the road for a long time without the opportunity to refuel.
5. MyFitFuel micellar casein protein powder
It has inherent anti-catabolic properties that help muscles grow stronger by reducing muscle breakdown. It also contains 4700 mg BCAAs, 4600 mg glutamine and 10,000 mg essential amino acids in each scoop of the unflavored variety.
Health Shots recommends: 5 Best Whey Proteins for Beginners for Muscle Building and Recovery
How to use casein protein powder?
Fitness enthusiasts often take casein protein powder before bedtime with water or milk. Casein protein powder can be added to smoothies, shakes or other drinks you like. It can also be used as a nutritious ingredient in homemade muffins, ice cream, protein bars, cookies, puddings and pancakes.